Tuesday 12 April 2016

Coffee and Tea - 1st Chapter


Genre: Romance / Comedy
Summary: Coffee and Tea perfectly blend together
“Sorry, we already close” River spoke as he heard the door chime make sound. 

It was after midnight and the café was closing. River was putting up chairs on tables, Johnny was done sweeping the place, and Bii had placed all his precious cups in the right places.

And in she came and she sat down without a sound at the high stool.

“Please give me 1 cup of Americano”

“But miss we already closed” River was at the counter, wiping it clean.

The lady draws her pace up, eyes watery with cheeks pink an after effect from drinking. 

“I’m drunk. A little bit drunk” She announced it calmly.

“I can see that” River answered her.

“I heard drinking Americano can make you sober from being drunk”

“It’s depend of every person”

“Can I try it?” She asks.

Funny. This girl speaks very clearly though drunk. How does that happen? All of his friends, the girls, became noisy when drunk. Laughing uncontrollably or behave indecently. How can this girl still behave so well?

Or maybe she’s not that drunk?

He suddenly wanted to know.

“Buddy, I have to leave now. Need to fetch Nana from her work place” Bii ask him for his release.
River nodded “Of course, see you tomorrow” turning his attention to the girl in front of him.

“River, me too since my mom alone at home at the moment” 

“Okay, Johnny” River answered, without turning his eyes off of her this time.

River watches the lady in front of him watching him with her eyes blinking, cheek flush. It’s super cute. He clear throat.

“My name is River, nice to meet you”

“Hello, I’m Megan” she bows and accidentally hit her forehead at the counter. “Ouch”

River spontaneously rubs her forehead to ease the pain. “Are you alright? Be careful”

Megan looks at River with her big eyes and his touch make her redder than she already has.

“Sorry… So now what can I get for you?” River tried to ease the awkwardness.

“I’m drunk and I want something to make me sober” She told him as she blinking several time fighting her to stay awake.

“Okay miss” River put the coffee machine to work again.

“Here you go” River push the cup to her.

“Ugh! It’s bitter. I don’t like bitter things and I don’t like coffee. It’s unhealthy”
 
Rive let out a small chuckle. She’s cute.

“You drink a lot of alcohol. It’s unhealthy too, right? Then I’ll make you something nice. I’ll make you the favourite in this café”

Megan nose scrunched up.

“This will not be bitter. This will taste good. I guarantee that”

“Thank you” she bows again.

Still polite even when she’s drunk. This is getting more and more interesting. River go to the coffee maker again and a cup done in no time. 

“Drink this”
 
Megan eyes sparkle when she looked down to the content of the cup.

“It’s pretty. I don’t want to ruin it”

The cream was poured in a bear form and she was smiling childishly and brightly at it.

“Megan be good and listen to me. Drink”

She held the cup with one hand, he held it with two hands, their fingers pressing each other and she drank obediently, stopping for a while, before continuing again. He made the temperature cool enough for her to immediately take it without having to blow or wait for a while.

“Ermmm…. It’s delicious” she praised happily, licking the foam on her lips.

River stunt. For Megan maybe it’s just a word but to River it’s so turn on. He watch Megan drink her coffee deliciously. Licking her lips time to time. He have to move his gaze from her lips when she make the seducing act.

“What actually happen? I mean what make you drink so much alcohol?” River ask her as he want to make more comfortable air for them especially him.

“I been dumped” Megan smiling showing her perfect white teeth.

Who would left this beautiful lady. He definitely the dumbness man on the earth and universe.

“I’m sleepy. Can I sleep here? I don’t want to go home”

River look at Megan as she keep on blinking her eyes. He touch her head and give her slow rub.

“You can’t Megan. We are closing the café. Where do you live? I can send you home”

“No! I don’t want to go home. My housemate will make a scene about my stupid, idiot ex-boyfriend”

River knew what he should offer. What he wanted to offer. But it’s very risky. They were strangers. What he didn’t want was abandoning this girl. Who knows what pervert men will do to her in the streets? Drunk and alone.

“You can sleep at my place. If you can trust me”

She stared at him.

“I live alone in an apartment. I don’t rape. I don’t harass women. And I’m no murderer. I swear. You are safe with me for the night”

He waited for her to answer, while she rubbed her eyes, looking sleepier and sleepier.

“Alright”

“WHAT?”

“Yes, why not? As long you don’t harass me”

“Ok. Please wait for a while. Let’s me finish clean up this” 

Megan nod and River start clean used cup and the coffee machine again. When he finish done his chores, turn around to Megan. He saw her already sleeping at the coffee bar with her arm support her head. River let out small laugh.

River tap her shoulder. “Megan, I’m done. Let’s go”

Megan open her eyes and tries to walk in straight line but slipped on her heels and fell to the floor.
River ran to her side. “I should help you. Come” he pulled her up before carefully circling her waist with one hand. Megan leaned on him, and they walked attached like that out the café. He supported her with one hand while he locked and turned on the alarm safety of the door.

Megan stop walking once outside and turn to River. “Where is your car? I can’t walk anymore”.
River pointed to a red sport car in front of them. “That is your ride” into the car, and then away to his place.

He was a bit rich. Well, okay. Maybe more suitable to say that he’s very rich. His father owns a multinational company, but he likes coffee a lot, so he opened a café, from his own savings but he know sooner or later he have to step down from managing his café and continue his father legacy. He felt thankful as his parents never urge him to do anything that against his will. They support him in every decision he make.

Everybody who entered his apartment gasped or praised in awe. But she didn’t. She only looked around nonchalantly once, before asking, “Do you have a bed?”

River’s eyes went wide before laughing out loud.

Megan only stared weirdly at him while he calmed down.

“Oh yes. I do have a bed. Beds, actually”

“Can I sleep in one?”

“Sure. But first, take off your heels”

“No. I never take of my shoes off in someone else’s home”

“Take them off and rest” He knelt down and helped her took her shoes off, one by one. She held on his shoulders and stood barefoot afterwards.

“Come. I’ll took you to the guest room”

He held her hand, led her to the room, opened the door, and made her sat on the bed. It was clean and fully furnished.

He left to fetch water for her, but she was already sound asleep, her legs still dangled in a sitting position.

River carried her body to the right position and covered her with the blanket.

Megan open her eyes when she start feeling warm and she can see sun light thru the curtains. She jump from the bed and open bedroom door slowly. She smell something nice and her stomach make a weird noise. Suddenly she remembered she didn’t eat anything last night. She walk to the kitchen and she saw River cooking something. The smell of melted butter and simmering sound on the stove make her drooling imagine good breakfast.  

River turn around when he felt someone staring his back. “Good morning Megan and how are you?” Megan nod and sit at a kitchen high chair. 

“Thank you so much. I will forever be grateful to you”

“No problem. I won’t feel at ease sending you out at that hour anyway. Would you like breakfast now?”

He put a plate of eggs, smoked beef, and toast in front of her. She felt starving and ravenous but suddenly she gagged. The nausea hit and she cupped her mouth, before running back to the room she slept in, remembering there was a door inside, and guessing right. It was a bathroom. She threw up terribly on the toilet.

She didn’t feel well. Honestly, she felt awful.

River took a towel from the rack and wet it a little. He kneeled beside her and gathered her hair in his hands as she put her cheek on the edge of the toilet. She was flushed and all sweaty. “Do you feel better?” He asked as he began to clean her face with the wet towel.

“Nooooo” Megan said in a pained moan, a second later she was throwing up again. River opted to rub one of his hands on her back in soothing circles to make her feel a little better; she needed to get all that from her system. By the time she stooped she was physically drained and just felt back into his arms. River carried her to the nearest couch and he hold her in his arm. 

“I need to go home. I already trouble you so much”
 
“Are you fit enough to walk? I can send you back if you want”

Megan nod and give him a silent thank you.

River did that happily, finding that she was better to talk to when she was not drunk. Not that she was not sweet when she’s not sober, just-he found out that Megan was intelligent, unique, and interesting.
River make a light conversation with her and eventually he know her age and her occupation. Megan is a surgeon. Depressing from two timed boyfriend and they arrive at her apartment.

“Thank you for everything” Megan bowed

River give her his name card. “It was my pleasure”

And then she went out of his car and entered the building. He stayed until he couldn’t see the colour of her coat behind the glass doors anymore.
 

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh nana finally!! I miss this so much..its really fun reading ur fanfic and its a new story!!! Super love this!!! Thank u and welcome back!!! Hug dear!! 😚😚😚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading it lyn.. Even still having my block season,I will try to update more.. *hug*

      Delete
  2. Thanks NaNa. Love your new story. I'm guessing. Perhaps Megan is working in River's Dad office. They will meet there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe.. hehehe... Thank you so much for reading the story..

      Delete
  3. Imagining barista River *melts* and he's sooo sweet! Cant wait for next chapter ❤️ -Mira

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plot is fresh :) Because Bii and Nana were mentioned, I thought at first it was a continuation of Bromance. It's a good read!

    ReplyDelete