Friday 18 March 2016

Love Replacement - 3rd Chapter

Genre: Angst / Romance
Summary: A different kind of River and Megan.
Megan looks at River mother with her teary eyes. Her lips were trembling open and close.

“I have source and looks like my son didn’t dig deep enough about you” Mrs. Chen answer for her since she can’t finish her words. 

“And now what do you expect from me? Open my arm for you?”

Megan lowers her gaze, taking a deep breath and she answer with her confident voice. 

“I will make your son happy with me. I’m willingly to learn on how to be a proper wife and Mrs. Chen to River”

“I do hope you know what you’re trying to get yourself into and we’ll see how long this marriage will last” Mrs. Chen said to her in a mocking voice. 

“Let’s make a move to the dining hall. My son will die soon if we make him wait longer” Both of them walk to the dining place.

River was taking a drink at the bar corner when he saw the two lady walk into the dining hall. He walks to Megan and grab her hand. He looks at her and notices her eyes and nose was red in color, he knows Megan just cried a moment ago. River looks at his mother with an apology look.

“Megan, are you ok? Did my mom say anything to you?” Megan shakes her head when River asks her. 

All of them taking place at the dining table and start enjoying the cuisine. After a long silent, Mrs. Chen asks River and Megan about their wedding plan.

“Mom, can we just have a simple wedding reception. Attend by few friends and held in a small chapel” River told his mother with a low voice.

“No. we can’t. The wedding has to be big and grand. For god sake, it’s a Chen’s wedding! We have to announce it to the press and the board members” Mrs. Chen strongly disagrees with the plan. 

“Mom, even without the grand wedding we still can tell everyone about it. Just a press conference will do” 

“River, this is the only wedding will be held in our family. You’re the only child. Of course we have to make it bigger” Mrs. Chen tried to make a reason with her son.

“But, Megan… she don’t like…” his word stop as he felt a cold hand hold his arm. He looks to his side and saw Megan shakes her head.

“River, just follow what your mother want. I will be alright” Megan told him as she looks at his mother expression. 

The discussion continues without anymore argument between the mother and son. Most of the plan will be arrange by River mother herself thus River gives his mother permission to plan everything and even do anything as her please

“Are you sure about my mother arrangement?” River asks when he sends her home after the stressful dinner.

Megan nod “Yes, I don’t want to disappoint your mother and what she said is true. This is the only wedding will be held in Chen’s family”

“If you said so” They stay silent after that. 

The following days, they both have wedding arrangement to be attending. The bridal shop, wedding photo shoot and mostly importantly preparation for public announcement. 

Megan has to take some classes on how to represent herself in front of important guest or any corporate person. Even though she’s working with a big company but she had never attended any big or important event before. This is her first time taking grooming classes. 

River notice Megan wasn’t being herself after their meeting with his mother. She become gloomier and sometimes will stare at a blank space. Her smile didn’t reach her ears. He decided he needs to talk to her about it.

“Megan. Is there something you want to tell me or talk to me about?” 

Megan shakes her head and continues looking at weeding card catalogue. River looks at her and he saw her eyes become watery. He can’t take it anymore, grabbing her hand he drag her to the parking lot. When they arrive at his car, River braced an arm on each side of her head, trapping her.

“Damn it Megan! Just tell me what the problem is. Is getting married to me is the biggest mistake for you?” River asks her with his high and stern voice.

Megan was shocked when she hears River loud voice. Never in their 5 month friendship had he raised his voice to her. Even when ever she late for their dates. Tears flow down her check. Biting her lips, Megan told River her excuse.

“I… I just miss my mother. A lot”

River let out a relief sigh “Do you want to visit her? Where is she staying?”

“At her hometown, Danshui” Megan told him.

River opens her door and pushes her into the car. Megan looks at him as he run to his side.

“We will go see her now and ever since I get to know you. I never meet her” Megan nodded and River starts the engine and they drive to the destination.

After 1 hour driving, River start to look suspicions to the surrounding but base on Megan instruction, they are at the correct road.

“Megan, why are we here? Isn’t this is a cemetery area?” 

“Yes and this is where my mother live now” Megan sadly told him.

River looks at her as he drove his car to parking space. He stops his car and they both walk to Megan mother grave. After 10 minute walking, they stop in front of a grave. Megan squad beside her mother grave, she touch the name and she start let out slow sobbing sound.

“Mother, I’m sorry. I didn’t visit you for a long time. You know why I can’t right?”

River saw Megan shoulder start to shaking. She cries with her hand holding firm to the stone. He move away to give her some private time with her mother but walk not far away from her and she still visible in his eye sight. 

Sensing him walking away from her, Megan rubs her check to clear the tear stain however it still flowing down.

“Mother, you don’t have to worry about me anymore. I already left that scum bag. He won’t do anything to me so you can rest in peace. I will take care of myself”

Megan takes a look at River and smiles at him “Mother, I will be married in next two weeks. Even though I don’t love him; I will try to be a good wife to him so mother please gives me your blessing and I know you will always protect me”. Megan closes her eyes wishing for some blessing.

River watches Megan talk to her mother grave. He still can hear her cried and her mumbling words. When she turn and smile to him, he let out a relief sigh. He knows she will eventually be okay again and he also know there are secret between the two of them – Megan and her mother -.

Megan walks to River and she stop in front of him. “Thank you for bringing me here”

River hold her hand, interlace their finger and suddenly he kiss her check. Megan eyes become bigger and River let out a small laugh when he saw Megan shocking face.

“What… Who… Who give you permission to kiss me?” Megan pull her hand from River and she walk away. Embarrass. 

River run to her and full her arm for her to turn around. He cares Megan check, rubbing away tears stain and play with her hair.

“I don’t need any permission from anyone. You’re my soon to-be wife. I have the full right on you” pull her into his arm, caressing her back.

“If this about my mother, you don’t have to be afraid. I will protect you forever”

Megan nodded and they stay in each other arm for a few minute before she pull away from him. Even though she felt guilty lying to him but she still felt relief about his promise. She tilts her head up to look at his eyes and give him a sweet smile.



5 comments:

  1. I am so curious. Megan's secret. Was she being bullied or torture by someone? Oh..Nana.. its a cliffhanger..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading it.. N sorry for the cliffhanger. i will try to reduce it for the upcoming chapter..

      Delete
  2. Nana you silly girl you left me again at the edge of cliff..gosh this is getting better and better..oh im starting to be impatient can i have the next part soon please.. hahaha love u nana! Chu :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe.... Thank you so much lyn for reading it.. next chap will come soon.. in progress...

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the great story. Can we see the next episode? I've been waiting! The plot is so good I'd like to see the next chapter! Please!!

    ReplyDelete